You football lovers may be bored at this time. One reason could be because of the many soccer competitions that were forced to be postponed because the COVID-19 pandemic forced everyone to isolate themselves.
But, even if the soccer league is stopped, it doesn’t mean that lovers should stop enjoying soccer content. As a substitute, now many elements in football, ranging from leagues, clubs, or players, switch to esports through games like FIFA 20 or eFootball PES 2020.
Some time ago we have seen in North America, the eMajor League Soccer (eMLS) competition was held as a substitute for a rolling soccer league season. More interestingly, the league was not followed by FIFA 20 esports players, but by soccer players who used to compete on the gridiron. In addition there is also Stay and Play, FIFA 20 competition which was participated by 20 soccer athletes.
Apparently not only that, there are also various FIFA 20 competitions or eFootball PES 2020 held either by the league, the club, or the players themselves, in various parts of the world. No half-hearted, those who compete are figures like Marcus Rashford from Manchester United, or Trent Alexander-Arnold from Liverpool FC.
So, what virtual soccer matches can soccer fans enjoy during this isolation? Here are some of them.
- All at Home Gaming Cup: A FIFA 20 competition organized by Paris Saint-Germain FC that gives football lovers the opportunity to play against Juan Bernat, Julian Draxler, Layvin Kurzawa, and FIFA 20 professional player PSG, DaXe.
- Bundesliga Home Challenge: Members of the 29 participating teams of the main German caste league competed in the FIFA 20 match in 2v2 format.
- Combat Corona: On April 5, the FIFA 20 competition featured professional soccer players such as Gareth Bale, Paulo Dybala and Ruben Loftus Cheek. Although it has already passed, but you can watch the reruns on the Twitch 38entertainment channel.
- EA Sports FIFA 20 Stay and Play: FIFA 20 matches that compete from 15 to 19 April 2020. The tournament was attended by professional footballers from elite clubs such as Chelsea, Liverpool, Real Madrid, and so on.
- eLiga MX: A digital version of the Mexican soccer league that has been discontinued since March 15, 2020. In this competition, professional soccer players from each club participating in the league compete in the 3v3 format.
- eMLS Friendly Series: Virtual soccer friendly matches between participating clubs in the North American soccer league.
- The Football’s Staying Home Cup: Organized by The Football Association (United Kingdom). This tournament presents FIFA 20 competition between English soccer stars.
- The STAY Intertoto Cup: Participants in the Premier League Championship and English Football League face each other while raising funds to face the COVID-19 pandemic.
- UEFA eEURO 2020: Comparing eFootball PES 2020, the playoff round of the competition is held April 20-27 with the final match presented on 3-4 May 2020.
So you soccer lovers need not worry about running out of entertainment. Because even though there isn’t a real soccer match, soccer game esports matches can be an option.